Looe in South East Cornwall is a very popular family Holiday Resort town, divided into two distinct parts - East and West Looe, with the Looe river running through the centre of the town. East Looe is the main tourism centre - a collection of narrow streets lined with shops cafes and pubs that lead through to the main town.
Over the years, the town has retained its small fishing fleet, which return at high tide, to off load their catch alongside the riverside quay at the busy fish market, which dominates the towns Quay.
In medieval times East Looe and West Looe were separate towns. They are joined by a seven arched bridge, built in 1853. This replaced a much earlier bridge from the 15th century. Looe has relayed more heavily on the tourist industry since its pilchard canning factory closed in the sixties.
One of Looe’s oldest buildings is the Old Guildhall in East Looe. It dates back to around 1500. It was formerly the town hall, but now houses the Museum.
No products found in this collection.